Dear NAACP Family and Friends,
It is truly an honor to provide servant leadership as President of the Toledo Branch of the NAACP. The Toledo Branch is successfully fighting for equality and social justice throughout Northwest Ohio. Founded on February 12, 1909, the NAACP is the nation’s oldest and largest civil rights organization. The NAACP has been in existence for over a century securing victories in the struggle social justice and equality.
The strategic priorities for the Toledo Branch of the NAACP are:
- Expanding Economic and Financial Empowerment Opportunities minorities
- Improving the Political, Educational and Social status of minorities
- Improving the Physical and Mental Health of minorities
- Creating successful learning environments (public and private education) for Toledo’s urban residents
- Eliminating disparities in the Criminal Justice System
- Encouraging our community to take on Responsibility, Accountability and Resilience to change our circumstances
As a volunteer organization, all of our programs and initiatives are implemented by citizens who generously donate their time. Our branch is experiencing new and exciting growth. We welcome progressive minded individuals that are committed to achieving social justice throughout our service area. If you are not a member, I hope you will consider joining the Toledo Branch of the NAACP.
Ray Wood, President Toledo NAACP Chapter